The Church of San Pietro is located on Via Pirandello, in an area that identified a previous Arab necropolis. Area that was later destroyed between 1825 and 1830 during the construction of the new road linking Capotaormina with the center of the country. Even today, near the church, are visible some Byzantine tombs, this suggests that in the past this area was used as a cemetery in the country, centered on the Church of San Pietro. The church has a beautiful façade with a Taormina stone gateway characterized by a semicircular arc above a window decorated with frame and stone lintel. To the left of the front door there is a small building now used as the sacristy, characterized by an outer semi-circle. The interior of the church and divided into three naves with the main altar in the center. Behind this there are frescoes of the 5th century, probably covered by later frescoes. The time and humidity have in fact done resurface the underlying figures representing the 12 apostles. Inside St. Peter’s church is the statue of St. Peter. Decorated with pure gold and dating from the 16th century, the statue is carried in procession every June 29, the feast of Saints Peter and Paul, to the church of San Pancrazio, where he remained until July 9, the day of the patron saint of Taormina.